Sunday, May 20, 2012

One easy way to handle the stress and enjoy life


Stress is one of the major causes of illness in human beings. We must be able to handle stress effectively.

Stress is nothing but thoughts about uncertain future and the belief that there is nothing you can do make it certain. Unfortunately it is wrong to think that we are not in control of our future. Stress is simply our thoughts and non-existent reality. If we think positively then we can create a positive reality.

Every time we have worry about the future we can simply replace those worrisome thoughts to thoughts that make us feel calmer. E.g. “I will never be able to find a job that I love” becomes “my dream job is coming to me”. Then spend your thoughts imagining how does having a great job makes you feel rather than thinking about a crappy job.

I think there is one easy way to release the stress and that is being in the present moment. It is impossible for us to stop thinking. However, we can guide our thoughts into thinking the way we want our future to be. When we think about the present, we are living and thinking the same thing. We eliminate past and future and thereby free ourselves from stress from both parts.

It is not easy to stay in the present moment but it is easy to come in the present moment. Think of a time when you were in deep thinking but a doorbell or a ringtone brought you in the present moment. At that moment, you only thought of the present (the buzzing sound) but went back to future when you started wondering who it could be.
By practicing coming to present moment whenever you can, you will form a habit of staying in the present moment. My father taught me a great way to stay in the present. E.g. I would walk a whole block while repeating that I am walking. I was concentrated only on the present moment and there was no worry about the future at all.

With practice, you can start staying in the present moment. Start with small tasks as doing dishes or laundry. When you are doing dishes, pay attention to the soap and water and how it is cleaning your dishes. Observe the process with your full concentration instead of doing it mechanically. Working your way from these small tasks to important task is fairly easy. E.g. instead of saying “I am stressed out about my presentation” you will say “I am giving a presentation” there will be no further thinking and hence no stress.
By staying in the present your body will eliminate the stress that can give birth to illnesses such as heart disease, obesity and sleep disorder. Your body will not feel the pressure that it feels thinking about the future. Your brain will not have to race to think too much and you will feel relaxed.
Relaxation brings good thoughts and by Law of Attraction, you will attract good experiences.


Here are some affirmations to stay in the present moment:

This is the only moment that I can live in therefore I enjoy it completely
I am in the present moment
This is the only moment that matters
I am aware of what I am doing at this moment
I observe my surroundings at this moment
I appreciate this moment
I notice what is around me
I focus on what I am doing at this moment
I release the past and accept the future for what it was/will be
This is the only moment that I can control
I am in love with this moment because of the power it has given me
My stressing our future does not bring any solution therefore I would rather enjoy the present moment
My current positive thinking is bringing a glorious future that I am already living
I am capable of taking care of everything that comes in my way
Universe helps me abundantly


No comments:

Post a Comment