Sunday, August 14, 2011

Being Perferct, Being Impossible

We all make mistakes, we are humans and we are bound to make mistakes. One day, I kept count of my reactions to others when they made mistakes. At my work, I discovered that there was an error that could be avoided and I criticized my coworkers. When I was coming home, the trains were not on schedule and I criticized MTA. When I was walking home from the train station, I saw that people were not walking fast enough and I criticized them. I came home and saw that my dad had not put away the recycling and I criticized him. So who am I to criticize others, miss perfect? 

Far from it. The person I criticize most is me. I try my best to minimize errors so as to be the best employee. I was working on something and then all of a sudden thought of something that I was doing before and my heart sank. I thought I had made a big error. I rechecked my work and thanks god, I had not made the error. But when I recovered from the feeling of criticism, I thought why I feel so negative about making mistakes.

I don’t remember what happened in my childhood; perhaps I was criticized for making mistakes. Somehow I have developed a habit of criticizing, others as well as myself. If I do not accept myself even after making mistakes how can I accept others. This is resentment. I want to live in pure love and not in resentment.

I feel too much pressure to be perfect. I have decided to release the need to be perfect. It is impossible to be perfect. Instead I will try to do my best. 

You see, if I become perfect then there will be no evolution, no going forward, no new ideas. If everybody becomes perfect the way I want them to be then there will nothing different; no new ways. Since it is impossible to control others anyway, I have decided to accept others just the way they are. It means no more criticizing others. If someone makes a mistake, its fixable, no worries, no sweat :)

If I make a mistake, its fixable, no worries, no sweat :) I feel so much lighter by using this strategy. 

If you think that others are making too many mistakes and you criticize people more than you appreciate them, go within. See where is it that you are criticizing yourself. If you keep track you will be surprised to see how many times you are criticizing yourself. When you say, “ah, I am so stupid”, “what the hell was I thinking”, “I hate myself for doing this”, then you are criticizing yourself. Every time you make a mistake, say to yourself, it’s fixable. When you respect yourself, you can respect others. 

Your inner subconscious beliefs reflect your outer experiences. 

When you love and accept yourself, you love and accept others. This is pure love and joy.

Criticizing feels heavy and dark. Let it go. Feel lighter. Laugh at mistakes, learn and move on.

Affirmations: I love and accept myself and others with pure love.
I release the need and habit to criticize myself as we as others.

No comments:

Post a Comment