Monday, August 15, 2011

What if you could see through the truck?


On Saturday I went to my great friend’s amazing house. When I was walking to the train station I was afraid that I will miss the only train that could take me there. I was walking in fast pace and all of a sudden the red hand stopped me – NYC traffic light. 

I was in rush and I wanted to cross the street but I could not see if the cars were pulling in. There was a big red Coca-Cola truck parked on the street. It was hard to see beyond this fat truck. 

But I decided to take risk and slowly came forward to see if cars were coming. Sure enough there was no car coming, perfect time to cross the street without having the walk signal. 

I have crossed the street hundreds of times without having a walk signal. This time it was tough because of the truck, I was unable to see through it. 

I thought what if the truck was only my imagination? Let’s say that the truck represents our fear and doubts in life. If our fears and doubts are so big that we cannot see beyond them we will never take the first step to cross the street- to reach our dreams. We will be scared that anything can come from the other side, let’s just wait for the walk signal. But what if walk sign in life never comes. Will we be stuck on this side of the street? Unfortunately many people may think that at least it’s safe here and never take the first step.

Friends, I know it is hard to let go of the fears and doubts. It’s completely natural. In fact, our very survival depends on it. What if the cars were in fact coming, I could have lost my life in the rush. 

There is nothing wrong in being fearful and seeking safety. My point however is that even though there is fear; take the first step in the present moment.

Let your mind know that in the unknown territory, you can discover opportunities to live your dreams. Welcome your doubts, explain them that “I know this is the first time I will be doing this, but I would like to at least try it” and take that first step. 

Tomorrow, tell someone you love them, even though there may not be reciprocal. The friend who keeps insulting you, tell him that you need to set up boundaries. Tell your boss how much you appreciate his efforts and thank him (even though he will think you are acting crazy). Tell your neighbor to shut his dog. Say thank you to the police officer. Try at least one new thing- any new thing or look at something in a new way. Eat ice cream as if it’s a vegetable and eat vegetable as if its ice cream.

Small changes form habits. I have suggested small things but soon you will start seeing beyond the big truck of fear and doubt and start taking steps towards the pathway success!!

Affirmation for releasing fear and doubt: 
Everything I touch is a success
New pathways are opening up for me
I am safe wherever I go
I accept new ways and new perspectives in life
I can see everything clearly

No comments:

Post a Comment